Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vietnman II: Mui Ne & Da Lat

From Saigon I headed North to Mui Ne which is a resort town on the beach. The high season begins in December so the town was kind of dead but I got to relax and play poker for a couple nights overlooking the ocean. After a great start in Saigon I wasn't as profitable in Mui Ne, or profitable at all I should say. But hard to complain when this is your office


I had a guy drive me some places in the morning on a moto bike. Went to some sand dunes for sunrise.




Was a nice morning but we have nicer sand dunes and red rock canyons in California!


However, our fishing villages do not compare


There are hundreds of boats in the water and dozens of women on land separating the catch in preparation for sale




Then it was off to Da Lat in the Central Highlands 1500 meters above sea level where the weather is nice and cool

Rented a motobike for 2 days to visit some places in the area. Ended up only being able to use it for one day when learned that there is no night bus out of town so didn't get to visit the waterfalls or as much of the countryside as I hoped for

"Valley of Love"










Next stop, Nha Trang

No comments:

Post a Comment